There has been so much buzz about this place, that once my bon appétit got an invite from the Carpe Diem for this place, couldn’t resist myself but to grab the
opportunity and So here we were with blogger buddies for the tasting session of ‘The Social Clinic’ menu .
The ambience has to be the talk of the town recently, is that of OPD.
The Social Clinic is one-of-three restaurants housed in KP under the Madness brand, the other two being Donkey’s Arse and Superheroes. Previosly, Post91 Restaurant used to be operative here and now Team Madness has taken it all over to allow us with maximum exposure of True madness. This has a wildly different – innovative and bold – décor with its OPD-themed ambience. Being a theme based restaurant, Ambience scores a perfect figure but people have different opinions so maybe a few wont like to be here at all having their meal in-front of nurse or doctor-like dressed up servers.
Now the ‘clinic’ reference comes from the wheelchair-seating in the alfresco area where the staff is all dressed up as Nurse and ward boys. Even the menu is brought up in the form of a case file (exciting, no?).
Stuffs like the dentist chair, wheel chairs, oxygen tanks and operation theater type surgical lights, even the menu comes in lab apparatus shapes and
sizes and then beaker, flasks and calibrated/ graduated glass cylinders for mocktails are superbly done up to make an everlasting impression.
We had then a round tour of the entire “Madness” alongwith Saee only to know about two other magnificent master-piece upstairs. On first floor there is amazing naughty themed Donkey’s Arse with quirky graffiti and art-works on every square inch of the place. Its a Kick-ass crafted done-up place which attract very much.
It is a one of a kind lounge, couple entry only and having colorful and quirky interior.It is more of a hang-out-cum-pub-cum-standup-comedy-place.
There is a Spread of many offers all over the week for patrons to enjoy like bladder test, ladies night, stand up comedy night and other cool package deal. The
quircky art works are amazing to watch out.
And then we had been introduced to the terrace place known as Superheroes.
The rooftop houses Superheroes – a café for kids having animal-designed shaped seats, swings and slides and even X-Box and Playstations (Thats way too much for these days kids, Oh can I be one of ’em, pls). It is more of a place where mummas can hand their kids over to nannies while they chill down downstairs. There’s one playground for kids. The whole concept has been made like this, parents can enjoy at Donkey’s Arse lounge or social clinic by grabbing a couple of drinks and their kids can enjoy on their own under care of nannies. Yes, (Jankar sutro de khabar mili hai) Management are planning to keep a few nannies to take care of toddlers while their parents are away chillin’ down. Calling for babysitters concept at a restaurant which includes food for kids (Thats an awesome concept, “Mummy b khush and Tummy b khush!”).
Now that I had heard that #TeamMadness is known to have built a quick reputation of throwing its guests a red carpet welcome (Legends from the Launch of #Madness). The tradition continued when I alongwith my fellow blogger troupe saw the entire staff of Madness waiting eagerly to welcome us for the
tasting invite. The Key persons were as follows :
Dashmit Singh Chhabra (MD & CEO, Madness Group),
Sachin Bhat (Vice President, Madness Group)
Rishi Raj (Operations Manager)
Abhishek Talukder (Assistance Manager) and
Saee Budhay (Entertainment Manager)
Now, lets hop on straight to the food-counter (an encounter in precise with so many wide-spread food items and drinks had been served). Ok, so let me present the entire menu-sampling experience.
The menu started with some mock tails and cocktails.
1.Nashili Lambi Chai (Vodka, Gin, Rum, Tequila, Cointreau, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice) – their very own version of Long Island Ice tea.
Presented in a lengthy plastic canister with plastic tubes (as straws) and looked like some Ocean monster with tentacles surrounded by pirates who
were waiting to plunder the mysterious drink monster. It was served chilled and What a presentation with a perfectly balanced flavour. We had to
order a couple of ’em later to ensure that we get enough of it! Even we had requested the manager there to keep the drinks flowing, one such nasheeli chai got done in matter of seconds while six of us started the “Mission-Hydra”. #Recommended
2. Beyond your expectations (Gin, Whiskey, Amarato,Egg White, Orange, Bitter. Sugar Syrup and Lime) – This can be avaoidable as a strong stench of egg and was disliked by most. Surprisingly, it went just opposite to its name.
4. Pepper Mary (Vodka, Fresh Pepper seeds, Tomato Sauce, Tobasco Sauce, pinch of salt and pepper) – This was served in half cut bell yellow and red
pepper and the Mary part of it came from the fact that they wanted to reinvent bloody merry into some new avatar. Hence pepper and Mary a perfect union of two to create a third specie. Great presentation 👌🏻
1. Mix Veg Coriander Dimsum – the presentation with the fresh flavors of the coriander infused in the minced veggies, and the dimsum, was very soft. We all just had to jump to grab more of it. The veggies were finely chopped and rolled into a homogeneous ball and all the taste was predominantly from
the covering. Loved it. #StronglyRecommended.😊
2. Chilly Garlic Mushrooms – it was Golden brown balls of flour coated, deep fried mushrooms served with julienne of green, red and yellow bell peppers which added the colors and glamour to the platting. The spicy marination coating complemented the mushrooms well. Our Vegan blogger friends did certainly liked this dish.
3. Lemon Cilantro Prawns – A dish very well conceptualized and this too were served on similar plating with similar garnishing. but there was a strong
overbearing smell of the prawns which put us off. Being a big fan of Prawns myself, I didn’t liked it too much. The prawns were of proper sized, the green lemony batter used was nor less nor overpowering but the prawns had residual smell which turned out to be greatest pit falls.
4. Kundan Mutton Seekh Kebab – Mutton kebabs are usually dried ones but this one, they have really made a one good mutton seekh kebab. a little moist, and flavorful kebabs. #Recommended
5. Murgh Kali Mirch – Balanced appetiser it was. Very promising flavors and a mild sharp taste of pepper in the end, these succulent juicy morsels were loved all of us.
1. Peri Peri Chicken Pizza – The peri peri punch was missing, a peri peri would need to be a highly spicy version of the dish but this on the contrary was nothing like peri peri. Even the base tasted flat, the sauce didn’t kick it. It was a little to ‘balanced’, and didn’t come on strongly on any single front, the way Pizzas usually do. People had varied opinions about it.
2. Chicken Gone Mad – It was a chicken dish served with a white sauce and baked veggies on the side.The lemony buttery sauce that flowed out of the dish made the butter sautéed veggies taste simply amazing. The mashed potato paired perfectly with the overall dish and also added a different color to the already colorful plate. Nicely cooked chicken however nothing great about the dish.
3. Roasted Nutty Fish – It was one of the best warrior of the main course. A perfectly cooked piece of fish coated with roasted peanuts for the added crunch and
served with a side of beans, carrots and baby corn and rice.The roasted peanuts gave the dish a crunchy bite and also a sharp contrasting taste to the creamy coriander flavored gravy. It was superbly deliciousness. #StronglyRecommended
4. House Spice Lamb Burger – It was a humongous burger served with fries and veggies. The lamb patty had lettuce and omelet for company inside the large
sesame seed covered bun. The lamb was perfectly cooked and still retained its moisture even with the last bite.Very fulfilling dish and certainly recommended to all the gluttons out there.
5. The Methi Chaman – It was a bit of a odd dish for us in the night, simply because in all the Western cuisine madness, it stood apart in its Indian avatar. Taste wise, it was good and not too bittery.a decent, thick, flavorful gravy that went well with the breads.
6. Tofu Steak – And there were large pieces of tofu served on a sizzler plate, covered with veggies and sauce.A bit Soft and succulent to the cut, this was not-so-great affair dish to end the mains on. A lot of improvement has to be made on this dish.
1. Gulab Jamun Brulee – It was a bold attempt at trying a fusion but still needs some work on the texture.It was a unique offering with gulab jamun embedded in custard with a nice bruleed sugar coating on top. The flavor
of the sweet gulab jamun went very well with the slight bitterness of the brulee (but naah, it didn’t make the cut!)
2. Spanish Churros – it was presented with molten chocolate sauce. It was a delicious affair between the crunchy churros and the hot chocolate. #Recommended
3. Brownie with Ice cream – It was served on a chunk of pineapple on a sizzler plate. Nothing exclusive as compared to what eu can get at other places mostly. Luckily the brownie wasn’t too dry and didn’t
crumble into pieces when cutting into it. Good one to seal the day off with!
This place is new and happening and I guess, Little more concentration on food part, and they are here to stay. We met Chefs also in the end and convey our experiences with them in order to let them have better grasp. I have high expectations from this place and I am sure that Chef and team madness won’t disappoint me in days to come.
Just in case, if eu’re looking to chill at an offbeat place at one of the hotter neighborhoods of Pune (KP, yes it is) This place has it all.
Social Clinic – Madness is located just opposite SBI Bank, Lane Number 7, Meera Nagar, KP.
Disclaimer: The invite was for a complementary food tasting event.
This review is a narrative of my experience at the event. The views expressed in this review are solely mine and others are more than welcome to agree or disagree with the same. The review is in no way influenced either personally or commercially nor has it been lifted, copied or plagiarized from any source however I have done my due diligence on the event via publicly available information on the internet.